Saturday, June 6, 2009

Zoom Zoom

I love New York City taxis. Most of my time I take the subway wherever I need to go, but it's always a welcome relief when I have an excuse to take a cab. Excuses include: (a) coming home drunk, (b) coming home late, or (c) coming home drunk and late.

I always feel safe in a cab, even when they're driving recklessly, because they never seem to hit anything (seriously, I've been here 4 years and I've never seen a cab get in an accident). I also like how every cabbie seems to have some kind of higher education in their homeland but they're stuck driving cabs in New York because of this, that, or the other (usually "The Man").

My absolute #1 pet peeve is when I tell the cabbie where I want to go and he asks: "How do you want to get there?" Ummm...how the hell should I know? You're the professional. Isn't this what you do for 12 hours a day, just drive around the city? Pffft.

No comments:

Post a Comment